Re: [WorldTransport] World Sustainable Cities - next steps

  • ralph gakenheimer
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2002
      Elaine:
      I would suggest you contact Tony (antonio) Gomez Ibanez at the
      Kennedy School, Harvard U., who had sone a lot of work on this subject and
      has a chapter in a recent book (not at hand or in memory, unfortunately)
      that deals with the privatization experience in Britain.

      -- Ralph

      >As I last recall, the whole public transport privatization
      >issue was tentatively scheduled to be the subject of a special edition of
      >WTPP. So my apologies if this inquiry is a bit premature.
      >
      >However, at the moment, I am urgently looking for just one article on the
      >internet or via e-mail that might summarize succintly some of the key
      >problems with rail privatization that have arisen in Britain or Europe.
      >

      >Any help will be appreciated.
      >

      >Thanks,
      >

      >Elaine Fletcher
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT
      ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2460941.3878106.2273195/D=egroupweb/S=1707209142:
      >HM/A=810327/R=0/*http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs>
      ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2460941.3878106.2273195/D=egroupweb/S=1707209142:H
      >M/A=810327/R=1/*http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs>
      >The Journal of World Transport Policy and Practice
      >Consult at: <http://wTransport.org>http://wTransport.org
      >To post message to group: WorldTransport@yahoogroups.com

      Ralph Gakenheimer, Professor of Urban Planning
      M.I.T. Building 10, Rm. 403, Cambridge, Mass. 02139
      (Off.) 617/253-1932, (Fax) 617/971-0421, (Home) 617/971-0420 rgaken@...
    • John Whitelegg
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
        Thanks to Elaine for raising this one.  We are still looking for a guest editor on this special issue.  This person would:

        prepare an outline of what the special issue would include and discuss this with me
        assemble a good mix of authors/articles and discuss balance with me
        supervise the production schedule until the point that the complete set of articles come to me and Pascal Desmond for the final check and publication.

        Is there anyone out there who would like to do this?

        very best wishes

        John Whitelegg
        Editor