RE: [WorldTransport] World Sustainable Cities - next steps

  • speidel
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2002
      The Journal of World Transport Policy and Practice has some excellent articles about the issues involved in privatisation of public transport.

      They will also be able to assit you and send you links to relevant papers.

      Regards

      Rosemarie Speidel
      Program Director
      Cycling Promotion Fund
      Tel./Fax 03 97553557
      www.cyclingpromotion.com
      The bicycle industry working to make Australia more bicycle friendly

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2002
        Elaine:
        I would suggest you contact Tony (antonio) Gomez Ibanez at the
        Kennedy School, Harvard U., who had sone a lot of work on this subject and
        has a chapter in a recent book (not at hand or in memory, unfortunately)
        that deals with the privatization experience in Britain.

        -- Ralph

        >As I last recall, the whole public transport privatization
        >issue was tentatively scheduled to be the subject of a special edition of
        >WTPP. So my apologies if this inquiry is a bit premature.
        >
        >However, at the moment, I am urgently looking for just one article on the
        >internet or via e-mail that might summarize succintly some of the key
        >problems with rail privatization that have arisen in Britain or Europe.
        >

        >Any help will be appreciated.
        >

        >Thanks,
        >

        >Elaine Fletcher
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT
        ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2460941.3878106.2273195/D=egroupweb/S=1707209142:
        >HM/A=810327/R=0/*http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs>
        ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2460941.3878106.2273195/D=egroupweb/S=1707209142:H
        >M/A=810327/R=1/*http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs>
        >The Journal of World Transport Policy and Practice
        >Consult at: <http://wTransport.org>http://wTransport.org
        >To post message to group: WorldTransport@yahoogroups.com

        Ralph Gakenheimer, Professor of Urban Planning
        M.I.T. Building 10, Rm. 403, Cambridge, Mass. 02139
        (Off.) 617/253-1932, (Fax) 617/971-0421, (Home) 617/971-0420 rgaken@...
      • John Whitelegg
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
          Thanks to Elaine for raising this one.  We are still looking for a guest editor on this special issue.  This person would:

          prepare an outline of what the special issue would include and discuss this with me
          assemble a good mix of authors/articles and discuss balance with me
          supervise the production schedule until the point that the complete set of articles come to me and Pascal Desmond for the final check and publication.

          Is there anyone out there who would like to do this?

          very best wishes

          John Whitelegg
          Editor