How our public transport system compares with the rest of Mama Africa.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2010

      Message from South Africa:

      How our public transport system compares with the rest of Mama Africa.

      South African travel writer Sihle Khumalo knows African public transport intimately, but is more accustomed to his own private wheels in his home town of Jozi. He took time out recently to explore his own backyard by public transport, from Soweto to Sandton

      Having travelled by public transport in more than 10 other African countries, it was only natural that I explore my own backyard using taxis and the newly launched Bus Rapid Transport (BRT) System – better known as ReaVaya. Amongst other things I wanted to see how our public transport system compares with the rest of Mama Africa.

      --> The full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets at http://WorldStreets.org/

      --> To read all World Streets articles on Africa click to http://tinyurl.com/ws-africa