The Future started in Copenhagen on Friday, 18 Dec 2009 - The Role of World Streets in 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2009

      The Future started in  Copenhagen on Friday, 18 Dec 2009 - The Role of World Streets in 2010

      COP15 has given us ample reason to reflect not only on the climate/ governance and the climate/transport links – the latter which we have taken as a pillar of transport policy for some years now – but also on our own contribution here at World Streets to the process that now must be engaged, and for which every capable pair of hands is needed.

      World Streets Year-end 2009 Special Edition:

      In this Special Edition of World Streets, you will find first and for the moment most important, an announcement informing you about our switching for the interim from daily publication, while at the same time working on a major outreach for funding and other support so that we shall be able to continue in 2010. In addition, you will find here some first entries concerning our intentions in selected key issue areas for the year ahead.

      Contents of Special Edition:
      I. World Streets in transition
      II. Mission for 2010

      1. China
      2. Africa
      3. Share transport
      4. The Year of the Woman in Transportation
      5. Language editions
      6. Sustainable transport linking
      7. Collaborative workshops and events
      8. Major themes for 2010