World Streets and SLoCaT Partnership - next steps

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2009

      cid:image002.png@01CA4479.A08C6ED0

      Paris, Tuesday, 01 December, 2009

      Thanks for the heads-up. Glad to oblige. Here is what we are doing:

      1.     Added http://www.slocat.net/ to our list of key sources and links

      2.     Added http://www.slocat.net/ to our combined search engine for World Streets which scans 137 leading projects, programs and sources working in our shared areas of interest worldwide

      3.     Also added you to our Knoogle.net combined search engine which reaches out to, now with this latest edition, 938 programs, etc. worldwide.

      4.     Both of these appear on the top left column on World Streets (and if you want further background on how it works, have a look at http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/2009/11/1-2-3-world-streets-quick-search-update.html

      5.     Website: Since you have plenty of room in your right column, you may want to take a page out of our book and pop in at the bottom a summary of RSS leads from leading daily sources. We are told that these are useful to some of our readers, visitors. (You will see that we have added you there, though in principle this is only for sources publishing daily in our area of specialty.)

      Missing in action:

      We very much wish to do a feature article on this great effort, but need something to work with.  Here is what interests our thousands (see http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/2009/11/map-who-is-reading-world-streets-where.html ) of readers:

      ·         What is SLoCaT?

      ·         Why is it being done?

      ·         What are your exact targets?

      ·         What are the means at your disposal that make you think you will be able to get the job done?

      ·         How are we to judge your contribution, success or failure?

      ·         What do you expect will happen next?

      In short, people like stories, and while you are developing a pretty good website, we still don't have your story.

      It would be great to have this ASAP so that we can use our pages to garner attention to what you are targeting for Copenhagen.

      And great good luck!

      With all good wishes,

      Eric

      Eric Britton