[World Streets] It was there all the time: Putting shared transport to work. ...

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2009

      It was there all the time: Putting shared transport to work.

      *  Transport 2010 – Conference in Kaohsiung, ROC  *

      The all but invisible (unless you were looking for it) trend behind true sustainability in the transport sector is . . . sharing. We now know that the only way to significantly reduce the CO2 load of our transportation arrangements is through corresponding reductions in motorized traffic (VMT/VKT). Which means efficiently getting more people and goods in those vehicles still plying the road. And to do this well, we need to learn a lot more about sharing.

      cid:image002.jpg@01CA69D6.16F89C70

      Kaohsiung 2010 Conference plan in brief

      --> Full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets at http://WorldStreets.org/

      --> Discussions via New Mobility Agenda forum at www.newmobility.org  (Post to NewMobilityCafe@yahoogroups.com)