[World Streets] Cycling your brain (It really could use a bit of fresh air)

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2009

      Cycling your brain (It really could use a bit of fresh air)

      Have you noticed? Just about all of the planning and decision making that is done in our underperforming, all too often dysfunctional sector is terribly familiar. Priorities are set, terms of references written up, responsibilities defined, teams created, schedules posted, instructions issued, tools identified and applied, observations made, meetings arranged, reports written, recommendations communicated and more often than not the whole process grinds ahead to its inevitable destination – and that more often than not, bingo: old mobility! But if you look closely, the very mechanism, the process, is pretty much the same we were seeing back in the middle of the last century when we were planning and implementing many of the messes we now find ourselves in. Hmm.

      So the moral of the story is that we need to take some very different approaches to identifying and then to starting to resolve the most pressing of our problems.

      --> Full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets at http://WorldStreets.org/