[World Streets] "Boys will be boys." And why it is important to change this

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2009

      "Boys will be boys." And why it is important to change this in the world climate debate and decision structure.

      Editorial: In the triple nexus that is the defining concern of World Streets – namely, mobility, land use and climate – we have to be ready to take stock and face up to the reality that most of the problems we face today in each of these areas is the result of the domination of an "old order", a certain way of seeing and doing things. What have we got wrong? What can we do about it? And what might this mean to COP15 and beyond?

      (This is the latest in a continuing series of articles that World Streets is contributing to the run-up to COP15 -- in which we are trying to get under the skin of the process that is, see it or not, shaping the debate and the decisions. A process that we feel strongly now needs to be fundamentally redrawn if our planet and the future of our children are to be ensured. (List of related W/S articles follows below.)

      Can we spot the fundamental underlying problem that is shaping, and limiting, the whole process debate? And if so, how to make a big, defining difference fast?

      Here is our analysis and our proposal.

      --> Full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets at http://WorldStreets.org/

      --> To read all World Streets articles on climate  click to http://tinyurl.com/ws-climate

      --> World Streets articles on women and leadership,  click to http://tinyurl.com/ws-women