[World Streets] COP15? One thing that can change the debate right now

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2009

      COP15? One thing that can change the debate right now!

      "Following the outstanding example of Norway in leadership positions in both public and private sectors, create full gender balance in all delegations and decision councils shaping the climate debate and recommendations. "

      This is our answer to the following question that was posed to our readers in the World Streets feature article of October 26th:

      To make a significant difference in COP15 . . . what is the ONE BASIC THING we could do right now to change the game, the rules, so that our planet has a decent chance. Something deep and fundamental. Something that upsets the old order that has failed us for so long.

      We will go into our reasoning behind this in more detail tomorrow, but for now kindly find the full text of the original 26 Oct. piece which is reproduced below:

      --> Full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets at http://WorldStreets.org/

      --> World Streets articles on women and leadership,  click to http://tinyurl.com/ws-women

      --> World Streets articles on COP15,  click to http://tinyurl.com/ws-COP15