Every day is a great day to take a few cars off the street and think about it.

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2009

      cid:image002.png@01CA4479.A08C6ED0

      Paris, Thursday, 15 October, 2009

      Dear Car Free (Day) Friends,

      We are just now running a series of articles on car free days -  past, present, future -- in World Streets and would like to invite contributions to be shared with all who are interested in these things on World Streets. The first two pieces have been posted this week, and you can see them at http://WorldStreets.org/.

      Here are some of the key topics, projects of which we would like to see balanced coverage:

      ·         The EU In Town without my Car project

      ·         UN International Car Free Day

      ·         World Carfree Day Network -- www.worldcarfree.net/wcfd/

      ·         World Carfree Wiki -   http://editthis.info/wcd

      ·         National programs

      ·         Particularly interesting car free day projects

      Again our goal is world wide coverage so that we can capture some of the great variety of approaches and visions. So not just Europe and North America, but the whole wide world.

      If this rings a bell with you, please do get in touch with a short outline of your proposed piece. If you are looking for some quick guidelines for contributions try http://tinyurl.com/ws-guidelines. You will see that there is considerable latitude in terms of article length, but we do appreciate balanced reporting, good writing, a few telling graphics, and a handful of references for those who hunger for more.

      We also invite comments on all articles and welcome diverse points of view.

      Finally, if you check out the Wikipedia entry at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carfree_day, you will note that they are asking for more information on references and source. so if you can help with that, it would be great. Not least since WP is so often a starting place for journalists and even politicians and administrators.

      Hope this works and remember" Every day is a great day to take a few cars off the street and think about it."

      Eric Britton

      立敦