[World Streets] Women as our metric for sustainable lives

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2009

      cid:image003.jpg@01CA3E11.3A83E910

      Women as our metric for sustainable lives: What it means

       Linda Baker makes the point in this article that "Women are considered an 'indicator species' for bike-friendly cities". In World Streets and the New Mobility Agenda we take this one giant step further. For us women are the "defining metric of sustainable transport". Our transportation arrangements do not only have to be planned with them in mind ("thank you very much"), but by them -- and, while they are at it, for us all. See our "2010: The Year of the Woman in Transport" at , and more generally you are invited to check out our index reference on this at http://tinyurl.com/ws-women. Come on. It's time!

      How to Get More Bicyclists on the Road
      (To boost urban bicycling, figure out what women want)

      --> Full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets at http://WorldStreets.org/

      --> For World Streets articles on women and leadership, click to http://tinyurl.com/ws-women