Obama with personal pitch in Copenhagen, Sept. 29, 2009

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2009

      Obama's personal pitch in Copenhagen

      (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/29/sports/29olympics.html?_r=1&ref=global-home )

      No doubt about it: millions of Chicagoans and Americans will cheer our president in his decision to travel to Copenhagen to rally international support for the fine cause of America's Second City as the site for the 2016 Olympic games. Good stuff!

      But might his travel office take out a second ticket to get him to that wonderful city for 7 December, so that he can add his impressive personal pitch to a far more important and far more urgent event taking place there over the following week – COP15 - the United Nations Climate Change Conference 2009?

      There is no more important item on the international agenda than this; however we continue to be "leadership-lite", such that the risk of repeating the charade of Kyoto I is huge. This great cause needs a real leader.

      Go to Copenhagen on 7 December Mr. President and make a difference. Yes you can.

      Eric Britton

      Managing Director: World Streets and the New Mobility Agenda,

      Paris France

                           World Streets at http://www.worldstreets.org/