Re: WorldTransport Forum [World Streets] "A gasoline tax is win, win, win, win, win - with no uncertainty

  • Rishi Aggarwal
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2009
      Thanks Eric. I went for the India premier of Age of Stupid and that movie sounds like an obituary for the human race. The portrayal of British opposition for wind energy made one sad. Hope America and Europe can get their gas taxes and renewable plans in place soon enough so that some in India do not keep barking the same note about "let them first do this and this and then we will"

      http://rishiaggarwaal.wordpress.com/2009/02/23/indias-super-stupid-position-on-climate-change/

      Regards,

      Rishi

      2009/9/22 Eric Britton <eric.britton@...>

      These are the words of Thomas Friedman, and while we do not need to follow him exactly down his favorite (inevitable) "high tech will save us all" energy trail, they are sufficiently pithy, timely and to the point that they are worth a scan in our context here. (Appears here especially for our non-US readers to give them a taste of the present level of the debate in the US.)

      Real Men Tax Gas

      By Thomas L. Friedman

      Source: International Herald Tribune, Monday Sept. 21st, 2009

      Do we owe the French and other Europeans a second look when it comes to their willingness to exercise power in today’s world? Was it really fair for some to call the French and other Europeans “cheese-eating surrender monkeys?” Is it time to restore the French in “French fries” at the Congressional dining room, and stop calling them “Freedom Fries?” Why do I ask these profound questions?

      *   You of course recognized the slightly modified painting of great sorrow of the French academic painter William-Adolphe Bouguereau, coming in this version from http://www.freakingnews.com/Gas-Pump-Pictures-37336.asp.  Remarkably farsighted those French.

      --> Full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets at http://WorldStreets.org/

      --
      "Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know."
      -- M. King Hubbert --