[World StreetsToday] 2009 North American Carsharing Update

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2009

      This article from World Streets Today is part of our series of updates on carsharing status, problems, projects and plans from members of the New Mobility Agenda's World Carshare program. Why so much attention to a mobility form that will never account for more than a percent or two of all trips in our cities? Simple. Carsharing is one of the vital keys to sustainable transport.

      --> Full text of this article appears today in World Streets at http://WorldStreets.org/

      --> To read all World Streets articles on carsharing click to http://tinyurl.com/ws-carshare

      The authors:
      Susan A. Shaheen is a Research Associate, Mineta Institute , &Co-Director, Transportation Sustainability Research Center (TSRC) University of California, Berkeley. She can be reached at sashaheen@...

      Adam P. Cohen is a Research Associate, Transportation Sustainability Research Center (TSRC)
      University of California, Berkeley. He can be reached at pcohen@....