[World Streets] Leading by example: Berkeley Mayor Tom Bates

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2009

        Heavy traffic on the way to sustainable cities and sustainable lives . . .

      This "Leading by example" report is the first in what we hope will be a long series on how mayors and other of our elected representatives around the world are showing the way by their actions. Mayor Tom Bates of Berkeley California decided to sell his last car earlier this year and since has been getting around exclusively by a combine new mobility package based on walking, public transport and carsharing. He likes it.

      --> The full text of this article appears in World Streets today at http://WorldStreets.org/

      --> To read all World Streets articles on politics  - http://tinyurl.com/ws-politics