[World Streets] Archives, August 2006: President Clinton calls for massive CO...

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2009

      Paris, Thursday, August 06, 2009

      From World Streets – http://WorldStreets.org/

      Almost exactly three years ago to the day, former US President Bill Clinton addressed a distinguished audience in Los Angles on the occasion of launching the Clinton Climate Initiative Cities program. His call for immediate massive CO2 reductions worked to inspire and energize all our sustainable transport work around his target.

      We have to reduce about 80% of our greenhouse gas emissions
      over the next 10 to 15 years.

      - William Jefferson Clinton, 1 August 2006

      --> The full text of this article appears in World Streets today at http://WorldStreets.org/

      --> To read all World Streets articles on politics  click to http://tinyurl.com/ws-politics

      --> And on climate - http://tinyurl.com/ws-climate

      Posted By Eric Britton to World Streets at 8/06/2009 10:09:00 PM