Land Transport and Climate Change NEWS

  • Bongardt Daniel GTZ 4413
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2009

    From: Bongardt Daniel GTZ 4413 [mailto:daniel.bongardt@...]

    Dear Eric,

    At GTZ we follow your activities and we think it’s great what you are doing. In 2009 we started an initiative on land transport and climate change aiming at linking the climate negotiations and  sustainable transport. It would be great, if you could help us to spread the first issue of our newsletter widely and post it on your discussion and mailing lists.

    Thanks a lot in advance.

    Best regards

    Daniel

    Dear Readers,

    We are pleased to publish the first issue of our newsletter on land transport and climate change (see attached PDF file). As this is the first issue of the newsletter, we circulate it widely. To be informed regularly please subscribe to the newsletter via our website:

    http://www.sutp.org/bridgingthegap

    Please do not hesitate to forward this newsletter to others that may be interested.

    Content

    New

    -       Ten Principles for Integrating Transport and Climate Policy

    -       Key Messages for Negotiators

    Recent Activities

    -       Bellagio Declaration

    -       Submission on Transport to the Ad Hoc Working Group on Long-Term Cooperative Action under the Convention [AWG-LCA]

    Upcoming Events

    -       September 17, 2009, Brussels, UITP: Workshop: Post 2012 Instruments and MRV for Transportation

    -       September 25, 2009, Bangkok, Royal Princess Hotel, Workshop on Transport and Climate Change

    -       October 1st, 2009, Bangkok, UN ESCAP, Parallel Event on Transport Options for Copenhagen