[World Streets] We badly need a new American transportation model (because the one you sent us is borke)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2009

      From World Streets today – http://WorldStreets.org/

      Ten years after system change and free market democracy was introduced here in Poland, the motor industry, car dealers and the road-building lobbies are coming on strong. Not exactly like in the USA in the glamour years after World War II (we have less money), but the general direction is pretty much the same. Some of our media (often nicely supported by car advertisements) are trumpeting public transport as non-efficient, the car as most convenient, and more highways as” The Roads to the New Bright Future”.

      - Marek Utkin, Warsaw Poland

      --> The full text of this article appears in World Streets today at http://WorldStreets.org/

      --> To read all World Streets articles on politics  click to http://tinyurl.com/ws-politics

      --
      Posted By Eric Britton to World Streets at 8/06/2009 06:41:00 AM