RE: WorldTransport Forum People first: Transport Planning and Policy for the Urban Poor

  • Lake Sagaris
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 22, 2009

      Eric – This is a great topic – urban transport and social justice/poverty elimination. But I think we should take more time to organize it and plan several columns/opinion pieces/informative articles to provide a solid basis for any discussion. I think several people from Interface for Cycling Expertise partners in developing countries could contribute, but we need more lead time to do a good job. I will copy this to some of them.

      All best

      Lake

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 23, 2009
        Given that it is the urban poor who bear the brunt (bear the largest costs) of destructive/exclusionary transport systems while gaining the least, it seems difficult to justify postponing a discussion of this topic that Eric so wisely has proposed.

        Is an acceptable compromise with Lake's point about preparation to hold a less formal / more open forum discussion on this topic for at least part of August, i.e. instead of polished articles, wider participation in the form of open discussion and contributions?

        with good wishes,
        Aaron