World Streets] Honk! Lessons from a shopping trolley

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9 10:06 PM

      Lessons from a shopping trolley (more mobility with fewer cars)

      - Michael Glotz-Richter, Senior Advisor Sustainable Mobility, Bremen

      Have you ever considered buying a shopping trolley of your own? After all, it would be convenient to have one available anytime you wanted to buy a litre of milk. You could store it in your living room or in the kids’ playroom when you aren’t using it. And if we each bought one of our own, just think how we would be supporting the shopping trolley industry.

      Proud family with their late-model cart

      Now think about our “urban living room” – our cities – and about how we use that space. Studies have shown that, on average, most cars are parked for 23 hours a day. Do we really want to use so much valuable space for storing vehicles?

      * Click http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/2009/07/honk-lessons-from-shopping-trolley.html">here for article and video à

      http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/2009/07/honk-lessons-from-shopping-trolley.html