[World Streets] Heads-up: Keeping up with World Streets

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2009

      Using LinkedIn to keep up with World Streets

      - Paul Minett, Trip Convergence Ltd, New Zealand

      This is a practical post with a suggestion. I found that I was not keeping up with World Streets because I do not use the RSS feeds. And I wanted a weekly summary rather than daily emails or the monthly summary. Some people are hard to please!

      Using LinkedIn to keep up with World Streets

      What I found is that if you join the World Streets Working Group on LinkedIn - a free social/professional networking site -- you can get a daily or weekly (your choice) summary of the World Streets posts sent directly to your email. I use the weekly version to keep up myself.

      Here is how you do it:

      1. Sign in to LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com (or click on the link in item 2)

      2. Go to Groups and click on the World Streets Working Group (alternatively just click this link: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=668837

      3. Click the ‘Join Group’ button.

      4. You will see that you get options for how often you would like to receive summaries of activity in the group. The way it is set up, all World Streets posts go to this group, and then are summarised for you at whatever frequency you would like. Like something you see there, a single click takes it to you on the World Streets site.

      An additional benefit of joining the LinkedIn group is that you can see who else is there, and communicate directly with others in the group who share this interest.

      --
      Posted to World Streets at 6/30/2009 07:42:00 AM