Happy Birthday Velib - 15 July 2009 -= Do you have a wish?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2009

      This is going to be our third Happy Birthday message to Vélib, Paris’s transformational public bike project (yes, the first was on the original day of birth, an exciting 15 July 2007).  If you have not checked out the 2008 birthday message – “Happy Birthday Vélib (Oh dear what’s wrong with you”) -- you may want to give it a whirl at http://tinyurl.com/ws-velib-birthday-1

      Last year we asked friends in Paris and around the world if they have any questions about how things were going. And we got quite a rich play back on that, as you can see from our “Oh dear” message. And since that worked out so well, let’s try it again.

      So if you have questions about Vélib, things you have read or heard, things that trouble you, things that you think they might be doing better, drop me a line and we can put it on our birthday list. I can’t guarantee we will get to them all, but I promised to give each a close look and see if I can get a working list that will be doable in a few pages. For the record, the birthday is always on the 25th of July, and our report should be appearing in World Streets before the end of the month. (once again that address is www.worldstreets.org )

      I might mention that we are hopeful to have another video to share with you this year as well. If you have not seen last year’s which was done so well by the irrepressible Elizabeth Press of the StreetFilms team, you can pick it up direct on the “Oh Dear” site.  Elizabeth has a nice touch.

      I would ask you to send them to me in private at editor@...  so that we do not clog the airways.

      I look forward to this,

      Eric Britton