modal share targets

  • Simon Norton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2009
      Beijing's targets don't look very impressive to me, Central London has long done
      much better in terms of modal share -- but still suffers traffic problems.

      Maybe the figures would be more meaningful if journeys made by non-motorised
      transport were taken out. While bicycles may be less pervasive than they used to
      be, I presume they still account for a substantial proportion of journeys. In a
      dense metropolitan area there is little benefit from transferring these journeys
      to public transport, but also little harm as long as there is spare capacity.

      Simon Norton