Info overload

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14 3:30 AM

      Dear all 681 members of the New Mobility Agenda/World Transport Forum, our common watering hole for sustainable transport since 1999.

      1.      Information Overload in the New Mobility Café
      I am afraid that the sheer volume of the flow of materials from World Streets that is now making its way daily into the New Mobility Café, interesting and useful though they may be,  is going to be a barrier for your comfortable use of this good forum. So I would like to fix that.

      My first thought is simply to turn off the spigot and just redirect everything from Streets henceforth only to the Yahoo Groups site we have set up for all these communications to which you can have full and free access - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WorldStreets/. To subscribe, send a blank email to WorldStreets-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. I intend to do this before the end of the week, unless I hear from any of you to the contrary. However I do think it is a plan, so let me know in either event if you will.

      2.      Eyes on the Street
      And while I have your  attention, might you be interested to join us as an informal, unpaid but not unappreciated member of the World Eyes on the Street network? You can see all about it at http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/2009/03/world-streets-correspondents.html. The idea, in case it is not clear, is to find ways to achieve more efficient  global/local links. That is what WorldStreets is all about.

      3.      Symbolic support:
      Finally, what a great chance for you to do the right thing, make your way to World Streets and send us a dollar as a token of your support for all we are trying to do to move us toward more sustainable  cities and more sustainable  lives. You will see it on Streets on the top left menu, or you can go directly took it by clicking here -
      http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/2009/02/sponsorssupport.html

      Busy days

      Eric Britton

      PS. Take a look at that map. Notice anything, other than the obvious omissions. For example in all of Africa thus far only three observors . . . but all of them women. One of the main goals of World Streets is to look at our cities and mobility arangmetns through women’s eyes. For more on that check out http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/2009/04/welcome-to-world-streets.html

                                          World Eyes on the Street– www.worldstreets.org

             Europe:   8/10 rue Joseph Bara,     75006 Paris,  France

        T:  +331 4326 1323  or  +339 7044 4179   Skype: ericbritton

            USA:      9440 Readcrest Drive   Los Angeles, CA  90210

                 T:  +1 310 601-8468    Skype : newmobility