[World Streets] First editon contents

  • ericbritton
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2009

      First editon contents

      From the Leading Edge: America before streets were civilized.

      "Looking back at 2009 from the closing days of Barrack Obama’s presidency, it is sometimes surprising to appreciate how much has changed in the relationship between people, places and traffic, . . ."

      World Streets Profiles: Denis Baupin: a driving force to change Paris

      "As the transportation chief of the French capital for seven years, Baupin, who has written a book called "All Cars, No Future," was the force behind the development of Paris's hugely successful bicycle-sharing program, Vélib'. . . . "

      Honk: The traffic in your mind

      "And here is our first-ever Honk! just to get you going. A 42 second video clip prepared by the Mobizen carshare company here in Paris as part of a campaign to get across the idea that carsharing is just a bit different from the old way we used to do it,"

      Cross-Blog Dialogue: The No-Excuses Zone -

      "From our creative colleague in Vancouver, Gordon Price, this time leading us to a concept called the No-Excuse Zone for urban cycling, which he in turn picked up from colleagues in Australia (more evidence of the small world syndrome)."

      Bad News Department: The reported death of Vélib, the world’s largest city bike project -

      Foundation. Propagation. Elucidation. (Final text to follow today)

      Translating World Streets: Reader comments on pros and cons

      Commentaries on translation quality and usability in Chinese, German, Indonesian, Portuguese and Spanish

      Editor's musings: On Fair Use in World Streets -