[World Streets] Translating World Streets into other languages

  • ericbritton
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2009
      In order to make the contents of World Streets more broadly available to our friends and colleagues who work primarily in other language groups, we have linked the site to the increasingly well-performing Google machine translation engines that you will find here. In each case all you have to do is click the language like in which you wish to see the rough translation, and that will appear on your monitor.

      We suggest that if you read the translation in parallel with the English-language original, you will in almost all cases be able to arrive at a pretty good understanding of the main content of that particular article or announcement. It is of course not a substitute for a professional translation, but it can be extremely helpful for those who are ready to make an effort to use it with judgment.

      If anyone here has better ideas of how to handle this, we invite them with real interest to get in touch.

      --
      Posted By ericbritton to World Streets at 2/22/2009 07:00:00 PM