90Bogota Colombia third Car Free Day - and the United Nations Car Free Days Program

    Feb 12, 2002
      In my earlier note on this today, I neglected to mention that there was
      a very important, low cost technology component to the Bogotá Practicum,
      concerning which some of you may wish to know more.

      The technology is IP videoconferencing, and it was used to provide a
      permanent hookup between Paris and the Bogota sessions over two f the
      three days of the UN workshop for the mayors. The marginal cost was
      zero, and the results.. well, they were nothing short of spectacular.

      If any of you want to know more, get in touch and we can send on several
      short reports that were prepared on this.

      Eric Britton
      Senior International Advisor
      United Nations Car Free Days Program at http://www.uncfd.org
      The Commons __ technology, economy, society__
      Day phone: +331 4326 1323 Mobile: +336 8096 7879
      24 hour Fax/Voicemail hotline: +1 888 677-4866
      http://ecoplan.org/%c2%a0%c2%a0 IP Videoconference:
      Email: ecoplan.adsl@...   URL www.ecoplan.org
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic