1673Re: WorldTransport Forum FW: [New post] British Hi gh Speed Rail? – Or a better railway  for Britain

  • Dave Holladay
    Oct 3, 2011
      Keep this up

      HS2 is dreadful mistake

      My take - get parallel routes to W12 for 7-day railway, use GC/GW route (designed & built post 1900 so better for speed & clearances) same distance London Birmingham and offers 4 track route with switchable options of start/end stations and main routes.

      Plan to close WCML (2 lines at a time) (LNW) to enlarge to W12, and joggle with GC/GW  to keep a 7-day railway for fast trains, Eventual detail should deliver bi-level passenger vehicle clearance on both routes for increased capacity, without train lengthening and weight increase impacts (power supply etc).

      Huge lengths of Midland Main Line & WCML reduced to 2 tracks could be re fitted with 4 (including several parallel tunnel bores that can be enhanced & switched over to develop full W12 routes

      Dave H

      On 30/09/11 15:33, eric britton wrote: WordPress.com

      New post on World Streets: A New Mobility Agenda

      British High Speed Rail? – Or a better railway for Britain

      by Eric Britton, editor

      Editor's note: I personally and professionally am quite happy to continue to bash the feckless and  ill-gotten British High Speed Rail (“HS2”) proposal and its variants that we and others have discussed in these pages previously at http://wp.me/psKUY-1lg.  It is such a juicy target of avarice, gross incompetence and intellectual laziness. One has to ask [...]

      Read more of this post

      Eric Britton, editor | 30 September 2011 at 15:21 | Categories: equity, Governance, HSR, Rail | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-1Sj

      Comment

         See all comments