1660EcoMobility Changwon 2011 - registrations now open!
- Aug 25, 2011EcoMobility Changwon 2011
World Congress on Mobility for the Future of Sustainable Cities
Where transport leaders will meet
22-24 October 2011, Changwon, Republic of Korea
ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability - and the City of Changwon invite you to register at the EcoMobility Changwon 2011 congress. Find out more about the congress at http://www.iclei.org/ecomobility2011
Congress themes and program
Take a look at the latest program!
Plenary topics will feature:
- EcoMobile cities around the world
- Mainstreaming EcoMobility
- Envisioning the future EcoMobile city
- Instruments and business models for EcoMobility
In parallel sessions, a special focus will be given to:
- Bicycle sharing systems
- Innovations such as e-mobility and intelligent transport systems
- Visions for overcoming physical, institutional or financial barriers
- City Challenges Workshops concentrating on innovative solutions tailored to the particular needs of cities
- Doubling the market share of public transport
Other reasons why you should attend
- Network with leading city government officials, businesses, and organizations to form partnerships for future EcoMobility endeavors;
- Participate in the GIZ training "Implementing bike-sharing systems" on 24-25 October (participation restricted to 25 participants);
- Get to know various components of EcoMobile solutions and products, and talk to experts, producers and service providers at the marketplace;
- Experience Changwon's award winning NUBIJA system, the host city's bicycle sharing program. For more information visit NUBIJA website and download ICLEI case study.
Confirmed Mayors and city officials participating as speakers:
Young Gyu Kwon (Seoul), Park Wan-Su (Changwon), Yum Tae-Yeong (Suwon), Stephen Yarwood (Adelaide), Helena Hećimović (Koprivnica), Masashi Mori (Toyama), Brian Shanahan (Melbourne), Fernando Nunes da Silva (Lisbon), Mohammad-Bagher Ghalibaf (Tehran), Catarina Freitas (Almada), Devecz Miklos (Budapest), and Sukhumbhand Paribatra (Bangkok).
Speakers from other organizations and businesses include:
- Speakers from international and governmental organizations include Kee Yeon Hwang (KOTI), Rae Kwon Chung (UNESCAP), Manfred Breithaupt (GIZ), and Lloyd Wright (ADB).
- From the non-governmental arena, Michael Repogle (ITDP), Li Shanshan (ITDP China), Bernhard Ensink (ECF), Waltraut Ritter (Hong Kong Foresight Centre), Bert Fabian (CAI Asia), Cornie Huizenga (SloCaT Partnership), and Dawn Chui (UITP) are confirmed.
- Speakers with a research background include Carlo Ratti (MIT), Peter Newman (Curtin University), Florian Lennert (LSE) Shivanand Swamy (CEPT University), and Pan Haixiao (Tongji University).
- From the business community, speakers include Eric Britton (New Mobility), Christian Häuselmann (Swisscleantech), Robert Stussi (Perform Energy), and Hendrik Mlasowsky (Choice GmbH).
Register now! Refer to the website for more information, including practical information on how to easily get to Changwon.
-- Nuno Quental EcoMobility Officer ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability World Secretariat Kaiser-Friedrich-Str. 7 53113 Bonn Germany nuno.quental@... skype: quental.nuno Tel.: +49-228 / 97 62 99 26 Mobile: +49-157 / 891 891 54 Fax: +49-228 / 97 62 99 01 ----- World Congress on Mobility for Sustainable Cities Republic of Korea, 22-24 October 2011 http://www.iclei.org/ecomobility2011 Registration now open!