139Smart Growth Market Reforms

  • Todd Alexander Litman
    Jan 5, 2003
      Thank you very much.

      Land Value Taxation is one of the strategies discussed in the "Smart Growth
      Market Reforms" chapter of our Online TDM Encyclopedia at
      http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm95.htm. Also see the "Land Use Evaluation"
      chapter at http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm104.htm which provides information on
      the higher social costs associated with urban sprawl. Please let me know if
      you have any specific information to add.

      Best wishes,
      -Todd Litman

      At 03:26 PM 12/24/2002 +0000, Wetzel Dave wrote:
      >Cheers Todd
      >I attach a paper on Land Value Taxation which may be of interest to anyone
      >trying to fund transport infrastructure projects from a sustainable tax
      >base.
      >
      >Dave
      >
      >Dave Wetzel
      >Vice-Chair, Transport for London
      >Windsor House. 42-50 Victoria Street. London. SW1H 0TL.
      >Tel: 020 7941 4200. Fax: 020 7941 4748
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic