1229The Not Sustainable Transport Library (A final resting place for those really bad ideas)

    Dec 1, 2009

      The Not Sustainable Transport Library (A final resting place for those really bad ideas)

      We have just today created a new forum under the New Mobility Agenda. It is called The Not Sustainable Transport Library, and the idea is to create a nice warm place in which we can stack articles and related on what we think are very poor transportation/environment proposals – often technology rich, and rarely cheep – that present themselves as great ideas for our cities and the planet.

      It describes itself in these words:

      The Not Sustainable Transport Library: Here we shall attempt to provide, by way of what we hope will be telling examples, information on and leads to transport related projects, proposals and technologies that are very often presented (hyped) by those who stand to gain from their implementations as advancing the sustainability agenda -- but which in our view are at best very low in the priories for public sector support and certainly not candidates for finance with hard-earned taxpayer money. There can be no doubt in all that you see here that there is a very definite set of values and priorities behind these selections. They are moreover consistent. The basics behind these selections you will finally amply spelled out in the pages of World Streets (http://www.WorldStreets.org) and of the New Mobility Agenda (http://www.newmobility.org). Beyond that a brief trip to our four page/four minute summary (http://tinyurl.com/ws-sum ) should help fill out the basic background on all this.

      And should you wish to comment, you can always post your message to: TheNotSustainableTransportLibrary@yahoogroups.com

      Over at World Streets we have a left menu item entitled "Latest World Streets News Leads", and in addition to the ten serious source, you will find the bad idea graveyard there, with a quick line on the latest to enter those fiery gates.

      Eric Britton