101Britainand public Transport deregulation

  • Elaine Fletcher
    Jun 21, 2002
      To the group,
      I was happy to see the note from Eric about the possiblity of dedicating a whole issue of the WTPP  journal to the overall impacts of the deregulation of Public Transport in Great Britain. I know that I've heard very mixed reports about this experiment, but here in the Middle East, the British experience seems to be regarded by bureaucrats as something that has achieved great success, and the Israeli Ministry Transport, for one, is very keen on following the British model.
      I'm afraid that this may be the case in many developing countries, which have become entranced by the magic wand of the marketplace.
      Elaine Fletcher
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic