      From: Oliver Schoeller [mailto:schoeller@...]
      Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 5:14 PM
      To: wtpp-editors@...
      Subject: BritRail

      Dear Editors,
      I work within a project-group called "Mobility" at the Social Sience
      Research Centre Berlin. Recently I was confronted with the
      argument of an increased passenger use in public transport
      (refered back to the SAR survey 2002), wich was brought as an
      example for an obviously successful deregulation of the public
      transport system in Great Britain. When I took part at the
      conference "Derailed" in Berlin I got another impression. In the
      moment I prepare myself for a presentation in the project-group in
      order to correct the picture on the privatisation process in GB. A
      german colleague gave me the hint that you help me out with
      informations about the background of the increased passenger
      figures. Therefore I would be gratefull and thank you very much in
      advance.
      Yours sincerely
      Oliver Schöller
      --