WorldTies: BFF Donates Towards Peace Conference

  • Damian J. Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2006
      http://allafrica.com/stories/200602030831.html

      BFF Donates Towards Peace Conference

      The Analyst (Monrovia)

      February 3, 2006
      Posted to the web February 3, 2006

      In preparation for the ensuing Peace and Reconciliation Conference in Monrovia, a delegation of the Better Future Foundation (BFF) yesterday visited the United Nations Mission in Liberia (UNMIL) Sector I Headquarters at James Spriggs Airfield in Sinkor where a Joint Technical Secretariat has been set up for the Conference.

      The BFF delegation headed by Madam Klubo Gayflor, and accompanied by Korpo Mama and Varbah Mezzeh presented 10 rims of typing paper towards secretarial work of the Conference.

      Speaking at the presentation, Madam Gayflor remarked that "we want peace and development so that our children can go to school." "Our husbands and loved ones were killed in the war, and we need peace so that no one will be killed again." "On behalf of BFF Women, we appeal to other agencies to support the Peace Conference," the women's leader said.

      She further said that the BFF Women Association will support the three-day event fully and promised to present a cultural troupe to provide traditional peace songs during the Conference.

      Receiving the items, Hon. Augustine J. Zaizay, an Executive Member of the Universal Peace Federation (UPF), thanked the women for their contribution towards the Conference.

      Hon. Zaizay said the stationary was timely because "we actually ran out of supply and you can see this is like God's intervention." Mr. Nikolay Smetanin, on behalf of UNMIL Civil Affairs Sector I also thanked the women for their contribution and once again pledged UNMIL's commitment for the realization of genuine peace and security in Liberia.

      Better Future Foundation is an implementing partner of the Peace and Reconciliation Conference.

      The Better Future Foundation was established out of the need to involve grassroots participation in nation building. The organization is dedicated to assisting the rebuilding of Liberia by promoting education, reconciliation and reconstruction.

      The Peace and Reconciliation Conference scheduled for February 9 11, 2006 at City Hall in Monrovia is expected to bring together peace crusaders from the 15 counties of Liberia and countries of the Mano River Union.

      The Conference is organized by Universal Peace Federation (UPF) and Interreligious International Federation for World Peace (IIFWP).

      --
      Damian J. Anderson            Damian.Anderson@...