WorldTies: Blaming others versus taking responsibility

  • Damian J. Anderson
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2005

      Dear Damian,

      I love your advice to Gordon, especially your encouragement for him to take
      responsibility, instead of blaming.  It is my viewpoint that we need to
      encourage our members to become an Abel for the leadership of our movement. Can we
      encourage someone like Gordon to become our Abel? Cain can only inherit the
      foundation of Faith of Abel, we need to be Abel,  and go Abel's course in our
      relationship with an authority figure in order to remove our fallen nature and lay
      the foundation of substance thereby building the substance of true love in
      our heart. When we do this we reach the top of the growth stage. And watch out,
      when you reach the top of the growth stage there is a temptation of love that
      we must overcome in order to benefit from the salvation that the messiah can
      bring us.

      We are usually encouraged to be Abel for authority figures outside our
      movement but it has been my experience that we need to also take on the
      responsibility to be Abel and go Abel's course in our relationship with our authority
      figures in our movement, remember the word Cain more correctly refers to the elder
      brother, who was historically an authority figure. He wasn't fundamentally
      evil, but Satan was attracted to his position of authority.  Our elder brothers
      in our movement represent God's authority but they are still dealing with
      their fallen nature and they as individuals do have a limited perspective and they
      need our help. Isn't is best for us to have a parental heart towards our
      elders and have faith that we can bring God's will to them as an Abel.
      We can become an Abel for our elder brothers/sisters in our movement when we
      first accept the younger brother position, i.e., we don't challenge the
      authority of our elders and we respect their position of responsibility. We then go
      foreword with the heart of a parent in the shoes of a servant.  With the heart
      of a parent we strive to bring God's will to the leaders of our movement.
      We first need to establish faith in God that He will help us to bring His
      will to our elder. In my course I usually inherited the foundation of faith of a
      member in a lower position of authority i.e. my younger brother/sister, my
      Abel (even if they were physically older).  We then lay the internal foundation
      of substance, we find a way to have a heart of forgiveness and love for the
      elder who has hurt us in some way. This may take some time, and a lot of
      meditation and prayer but if we search for a way we will find it.  Then we can lay the
      external foundation of substance which for me has been accomplished through a
      simple conversation with the elder who has hurt me. It's a conversation that
      expresses the new realm of love that I have developed through meditation and
      prayer and it is a conversation that addresses the issue that caused the hurt
      and expresses my new foundation of Faith.  In order to have this conversation I
      have often needed to have the commitment to risk my life in order to liberate
      my elder from his difficulty or his sin. This is because I have needed to be
      totally focused on their benefit in order to go beyond my resentment, pain,
      fear and guilt.  The conversation is usually followed by acts of service but it
      is the heart felt honest conversation that makes the spiritual break through
      and brings a  deep realm of love into the relationship.  Father has said that
      Abel needs to sow a seed of true love.

      Sincerely,

      Josephine Hamad

      --
      Damian J. Anderson          Damian.Anderson@...
    • Damian J. Anderson
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2005
        (Rererring to a letter from a reader, previous message)
         Dear Josephine,

        You are right on the money. I will be writing further articles talking about this Cain-Abel principle. Unfortunately, some of our members think that the Cain-Abel principle of restoration no longer applies as Father has declared Cheon Il Guk. However the principle is unchanging and eternal. What people fail to recognize is that we can only enter Cheon Il Guk when we have eliminated our fallen nature, and the way to remove our fallen nature is through the Cain-Abel relationship. The meaning of the declaration is that it is now possible for us to attain this standard.

        What I discovered is that EVERY relationship in our lives is a Cain-Abel relationship. If the person is closer to God than I am, then I need to love them, allow myself to be loved by them, respect them, and understand their heart so that I can inherit God's will and point of view from them. If they are further from God than I, then I have to take responsibility for them, which means that I have to help them solve their sin. It is a universal principle. When I have won the
        hearts of three Cains, I have a condition to be blessed, and enter the family level. When I win 12, then I enter the clan level, when I win 40, I enter the tribal level, and so on. Once we have truly won 360 people, to the point where they would die for us, then the whole world will feel like my sons and daughters, and I can relate to everyone with graceful ease and immense love.

        The process of restoration is that of turning my enemy into my beloved. It must happen at every level. Once I have accomplished this, I must in turn teach others by example and by precept.

        Damian

        --
        Damian J. Anderson          Damian.Anderson@...