Haitian Academy: Inquiries may need clarification

  • Damian J. Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2010

      Clarification from John Gehring on the Haitian Academy appeal:

      Hello Damian,

      People have been sending me emails asking how this is connected to the church.  Could you add this short note for clarification.

      Dr. Rene , the President and Founder of the Haitian Academy is a long time Ambassador for Peace.  She has hosted numerous programs including: RYS, IRFF, a Second Generation Service camp and last week hosted a United Initiative for Peace/Sports for Peace project led by Ms. Diesa Seidel  (2nd generation).  The Haitian Academy for the last decade integrates our movement's character education insights as part of the academy education program.  Haitian Academy is 15 miles outside of Port au Prince, it host a clinic and a medical college  and has the only medical facility in the area.

      I would not push but this but it is a life saving effort.

      With gratitude.

      John

      --
      Damian J. Anderson