World Science: Of cannibals, planets and jilted dogs

  • World Science
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29 6:44 PM

      * Bird attacks a force in human
      evolution?
      :
      Prehistoric raptors may have routinely
      targeted our ancestors for meals, scientists
      say.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/060829_raptors.htm

      * A trip to cannibal country:
      A journalist ventures into one of the last places on
      Earth where humans eat each other, and like it.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/060828_cannibal.htm

      * Pluto no longer a planet:
      A newly adopted definition of "planet" shuts out a
      longtime member of the planetary club.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/060824_planet.htm

      * Researchers create permanently "happy" mice:
      A breed of permanently "cheerful" mice is providing
      hope for depression treatment, scientists report.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/060824_happymice.htm

      * New stem cell technique would avoid killing
      embryos
      :
      Scientists say they've managed to grow human
      embryonic stem cells without destroying embryos.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/060823_embryo.htm

      * Jilted dogs feel intense jealousy, study finds:
      New research challenges long-held scientific beliefs
      about animal emotions.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/060822_jealousdog.htm

      * Ants' Olympic jumps caught on tape:
      New high-speed videoclips show how certain ants
      manage to jump 40 times their own length.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/060821_antjump.htm

      NEW: THE WORLD SCIENCE BLOG!

      Readers' comments and letters are now posted at
      The World Science Blog. Check it out at
      http://world-science-blog.blogspot.com
      .