World Science: Giant fireball reported hurtling through space
- * Ego traps us in costly, losing battles, study
Failure. Why does it happen? A common thread runs
through many of our most painful, drawn-out fiascos,
* AIDS deadliness might be evolutionary accident:
AIDS would be a much milder condition, scientists
have found, were it not for a mutation affecting
some forms of the virus.
* In study, two species become one:
Researchers studying butterflies say they have the
first clear evidence that animal species can merge.
* Expedition to study alien-like glacier:
An Arctic island that has yielded sensational
fossils is now grabbing scientists' attention for
* Study links migraines, sex drive:
Contrary to the cliché, "Not tonight, I have a
headache," a study has found migraine sufferers
report greater sexual desire than people with other
types of headaches.
* Giant "ball of fire" hurtles through space:
Astronomers say they have found a vast, comet-like
fireball plowing into a distant cluster of galaxies.