World Science: Another universe may have come before ours, researchers say
- View Source* Another universe may have preceded ours, study
Physicists say they have calculated what might have
happened before the Big Bang.
* New monkey genus created, first time in 83 years:
A newfound monkey species is so unique, it requires
a new genus -- but it's gravely threatened, experts
* Light's most exotic trick yet: so fast it goes
Physicists have managed in recent years to make
light go faster and slower than its normal speed
limit. Now they report going further.
* Fungus said to attack iconic cave paintings:
A mold spreading at the site of the famous Lascaux
Cave paintings has begun reaching the artworks
themselves, a magazine reports.
* Humans may be off the hook for some ancient
New evidence has come to light in one of
prehistory's greatest "whodunnit" stories.
* "Black" features can sway jurors toward death
Men who look stereotypically "black" are much
likelier to be executed than light-skinned blacks
for similar crimes, researchers say.
* Science in images: A fly's foot
An arresting microscope image from the Max
Planck Institute in Stuttgart, Germany, shows how
eye-catching a humble fly's foot can be.