World Science: hyperactive molecules; skepticism over 'alien cells'

  • World Science
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2006
      * A molecule that won't sit still:
      Chemists say they have finally figured out the shape
      of a molecule whose furious jiggling thwarted past
      attempts to study it.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/060105_scramblerfrm.htm

      * Skepticism greets claim of possible alien
      microbes
      :
      A paper to appear in a scientific journal is raising
      eyebrows by claiming a strange red rain might have
      recently dumped cells from space onto Earth.

      http://www.world-science.net/exclusives/060104_specksfrm.htm

      * Thriving under our noses, stealthily: coyotes
      Major U.S. cities are full of coyotes, and the people
      don't even know it, a study has found. And the
      much-maligned dog relatives may be quietly helping
      us.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/060105_coyotefrm.htm

      * Galaxy's spiral arm found to be closer than
      thought
      :
      Astronomers have recalculated the distance to a
      nearby arm of our Milky Way galaxy.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/051227_perseusfrm.htm

      * First baby reported born from frozen commercial
      egg bank
      :
      Wendy and Jared Kennedy's daughter, Avery Lee, came
      into the world in the early morning of Dec. 31.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/060103_eggfrm.htm