Did global warming power Katrina?

  • World Science
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2005
      * Did global warming power Hurricane Katrina?
      Scientists are studying whether the country most widely
      blamed for global warming, has suffered of one of the
      most violent consequences of the trend.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/050915_stormfrm.htm

      * Our brains are still evolving, scientists say:
      The organ that has been most important in human
      evolution is still evolving, and possibly getting
      bigger, findings show.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/050908_brainevolvefrm.htm

      * Craving for amputation: more complex than once
      thought, researchers say
      :
      Psychiatrists are having trouble explaining why
      some people want to have limbs amputated.

      http://www.world-science.net/exclusives/050911_amputfrm.htm

      * No "typical" comets, astronomers suggest based on
      comet-shoot study
      :
      Astronomers revealed new findings from an experiment
      in which they shot a projectile at a comet.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/050906_tempel1frm.htm

      * Odd behavior, creativity linked:
      People called "weird" by their peers may have a leg
      up in life, at least in one respect.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/050906_weirdfrm.htm

      * Do cats really lack the sweet tooth?
      Readers debate these and other issues raised by
      recent stories in World Science. See our comments
      page:

      http://www.world-science.net/comments.htm