World Science: Orangutans found to plan, communicate future routes
- * Orangutans found to plan, communicate
Male orangutans plan their travel route up to a day
in advance and communicate it to other orangutans,
* In parts of the world, nearly 1/4 of men admit to
If men are asked about it in a way that avoids the
word "rape," disturbing findings can arise, a study
* Earth's biggest volcano found to lurk under Pacific:
Its existence was known, but not whether it was one
volcano or many.
* Are we all Martians?:
A mineral needed to generate life was probably only
present on Mars, a scientist proposes.
* Astronomers take sharpest photos of night sky:
Astronomers have developed a type of camera that
allows sharper images.
* Bullying may have effects long into adulthood:
Illness, job troubles and poor social relationships
are among the lasting outcomes, a study finds.
* Researchers measure consciousness through
A study seems to back up proposals that the level of
complexity of your brain activity largely determines
whether you're conscious or not.
* Darwin's dilemma resolved? Evolution's "big bang"
explained by 5x faster rates:
* Technology for detecting those distant signs of
* Chemical found to reverse Down syndrome-like
symptoms in mice:
* Tendency to wage war not on the wane,
* Video games don't stir violence in vulnerable
teens, study finds:
* More cases show skills tied to art can survive
serious brain illness:
* Free-floating planets can be born free, study says:
* Will to win may form at about four years:
* High debt may harm your health:
* Intelligent people found to be no less racist:
* Higgs boson could explain facets of "dark energy,"
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)