World Science: Did Neanderthals contribute to our languages?

  • World Science
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2013

      * Neanderthals may have talked -- even
      contributed to our languages, scholars claim
      :
      Surprising proposals come on the heels of findings
      that Neanderthals interbred with ancestors of modern
      humans.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/130709_Neanderthals

      * Clouds may make many planets more livable:
      A new study doubles the estimated number of
      potentially habitable planets circling red dwarfs,
      the most common stars.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/130701_clouds

      * Being too generous may make you unpopular:
      People ostracize those who are too generous because
      they're nonconformists, according to a study.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/130627_generosity

      * Air pollution found to slash life expectancy
      in China
      :
      People throughout some parts of China are losing
      five years of life on average thanks to coal
      pollution, an analysis indicates.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/130708_pollution

      * Study explores how power gets to the brain:
      Power may or may not corrupt, but it does change
      you. New research explores what happens in the brain
      as that takes place.

      http://www.world-science.net/exclusives/130704_power

      * Smart parrots solve five-step puzzle to unlock
      treat
      :
      A few feathery burglars revealed new depths to
      physical intelligence in birds, scientists say.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/130703_parrot

      * New process could make hydrogen fuel without
      using costly platinum
      :
      A new finding might advance the quest to create a
      "hydrogen economy" fueled by a source of abundant,
      clean energy.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/130702_hydrogen

      * Computer model said to help explain why skin ages:
      A dwindling population of stem cells in the skin
      explains why older skin is slower to heal,
      researchers say.

      http://www.world-science.net/othernews/130627_skin