- * Dream-reading machine in the works?: Scientists have applied computer processing to brain scans to see what images pop up in sleeping people s heads.Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2013View Source
* Dream-reading machine in the works?:
Scientists have applied computer processing to brain
scans to see what images pop up in sleeping people's
* 3-D view inside proton may be coming into
Physicists are measuring how the most basic known
particles -- quarks -- are arranged to make up
pieces of the atomic nucleus.
* Simulations may reveal how galaxies become
How galaxies like ours get and maintain their
characteristic arms has proved to be an enduring puzzle.
* Buddhists are right: meditation makes you kinder,
Meditators in a controlled study were found more apt
to become that nice stranger who steps forward to
help when no one else will.
* Scientists use robots to replicate ant colony
New experiments show that ants dont need great
smarts to navigate efficiently, researchers say.
* A new way to lose weight?:
Mice were found to quickly shed weight when
implanted with gut microbes from other mice that had
undergone gastric bypass.
* "Near-death experience" memories found to
share qualities with true ones:
The mystical, meaningful experiences sometimes
described by survivors of close brushes with death
have long fascinated scientists.
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)