World Science: Record-distance galaxy may confirm theories
- View Source
* Record-distance galaxy may confirm theories:
Leading cosmological theories hold that early, small
galaxies merged into the big ones of today.
* Ancient text said to suggest Christ was married:
Scholars are awaiting further test results on a
tantalizing papyrus fragment.
* Study suggests people can reverse opinions in
moments without knowing:
Using a mere trick adapted from stage magic,
scientists say they exposed a surprising flexibility
in human moral attitudes.
* Scrub jays found to react to their dead:
A small North American bird calls others to screech
over the body of a dead bird, though no one knows
* Most "junk" DNA not junk, studies find:
The vast majority of our DNA is active in at least
one type of cell, according to biologists who made
public a series of new studies.
* Eating far less doesn't extend monkey lives,
A 23-year project was designed to show whether
effects found in rodents would extend to a species
more closely related to humans.
* Rover sends new images from Red Planet:
Curiosity's landing site is starting to come into
focus, NASA scientists say.
* Arctic sea ice measured at record low:
* Common chemical linked to nearly tripled odds
of youth obesity:
* Dad's advancing age gives newborns two extra
mutations per year, study finds:
* New monkey species identified:
* Friendliness to minorities may often be a
performance -- a fragile one:
* No shortage of dark matter in Sun's neighborhood,
* Human lineage had diverse offshoots, research finds:
* Global warming probably causing heat waves,
* Why people participate in atrocities: mere
obedience, or something more?:
* Long-running Pioneer spacecraft mystery may
* Fifth Pluto moon found:
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)