World Science: Even rats will lend a helping paw, study finds
* Even rats will lend a helping paw: study
Rats will free distressed cagemates from a trap,
even when there's no evident reward, scientists
* First Earth-like planet around Sun-like star
Astronomers have identified a planet with balmy
temperatures and possibly liquid water.
* Was blackmail essential for marriage to evolve?
A study takes a cold new look at a custom as ancient
and firmly established as it is sacred to
* Astronomers may be learning to predict
when a star is about to explode:
The current inability to accurately predict a
supernova deprives scientists of valuable data.
* Millennia of chaos may have finally broken
A famous meteorite collision isn't even the half of
what the great reptiles endured, scientists now claim.
* Nasal spray may help beat shyness:
* Drug may undo aging-associated brain changes
* Two record-sized black holes identified:
* Ravens show things to partners, a rare ability,
* "Fool's gold" may lead to real treasure for solar
* Debate heats up on dog origins:
* Dreaming may take edge off bad memories:
* "Terminator"-style info-vision may be closer to
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)