World Science: Tiny bugs found to have "personalities" despite being clones
* Tiny bugs have own personalities despite
being clones, scientists say:
Tiny green insects known as pea aphids have
individual behavior patterns, or "personalities," a
study reports .
* Explosion shutting down a galactic party:
An immense black hole in a galaxy far, far away
seems to be causing a blast that will change that
galaxy forever, scientists say.
* Related genes may promote human music,
Interest in music is associated with a gene
previously tied to musical aptitude and, less
directly, to singing in birds, research finds.
* Scientists steer car with thoughts:
You'd better not let your thoughts wander if you
drive using a new technology from the Free
University of Berlin.
* Recent "human ancestor" finds under question:
Two scientists are questioning claims that several
prominent fossil finds from the last decade are
remains of human forebears.
* "King" of dinos called more hyena than lion:
* Does a smile mean something to a dog?:
* "At least I'm not him": comparing yourself to
those worse off may improve health, coping:
* Noise distracts fish from dinner: study:
* Scientists report creating illusion of having
* Could the fountain of youth be your faucet?:
* Ecuadorean community escapes scourges of
* Scientists worry that vines are taking over
the American tropics:
* On the trail of giant rats, scientists find
* Scientists put date on world's "strangest" book:
* Prostate cancer joins growing list of cancers
dogs could sniff out:
* Resources, choices found to hinder women in
* Lifestyle affects life expectancy more than
genetics does: scientists:
* Fish face overexploitation even in Arctic,
* Tiny flea boasts most genes known in an animal:
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)