World Science: Possible Earth-sized, habitable planets found
- View Source
* Possible Earth-sized, habitable planets found:
A NASA telescope seems to have discovered five
planets that are about the size of Earth and could
support liquid water, the agency has announced.
* Hubble peers back to an age of fewer, newer galaxies:
A new record-holder for furthest galaxy ever seen
illustrates a time when the universe was very
different, according to astronomers.
* Birds' plastic nest décor carries a message:
Members of a bird species that decorate their nests
with bits of white plastic do it for more than just
looks, new research suggests.
* Why do men use silly pickup lines?:
A new study assesses the psychology and success
rates of various gambits by which men try to get
* Meditation really can change the brain, study finds:
An eight-week program of meditation led to brain
structure changes in people participating in a
study, researchers say.
* Birds may attract mates with "scary movie" effect:
Using a horror film to bring your date closer is a
classic move in the teenage playbook, but certain
feathered Romeos may use a similar strategy.
* Simple recall exercises may be best study method for science:
* Range of asteroid types could have seeded life, study finds:
* Newfound dino species called "father" of Triceratops:
* Some dinos may have survived dieoff, for a while:
* Eruption may have caused worst extinction ever:
* Self-control in childhood found to predict success later:
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)