World Science: Test could screen for 100s of childhood diseases
* Thunderstorms produce antimatter, scientists
Scientists using a NASA instrument have detected
beams of a rare, mirror-image form of matter above
storms on Earth.
* Test could screen for hundreds of childhood
New research might lead to the first large-scale
program to reveal whether children not yet conceived
are at risk for disease.
* Climate change to go on for at least "1,000
Rising carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere will
cause unstoppable changes for years to come, a study
* Misfolded molecules gain prominence as
culprit in aging:
Roundworms in a study were made to live longer
by stimulating a protein-folding program in their
cells, scientists report.
* "Oldest" modern human remains identified in
The finding undermines a traditional view that our
species emerged from Africa, some researchers say.
* Exercise may not outweigh health effects of
"couch potato" recreation:
* Household sewage called a vast new energy
* Bird used club-like wings as weapon,
* Hair color of unknown offenders no longer a
secret, scientists say:
* Fatigued surgeons should alert patients,
* Neanderthals had Siberian kin, study finds:
* Sham pills may help us -- even without the
* New gene "encyclopedias" delve deeper
into life's mechanics:
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)