- * Gangster bird found to charge for protection: An avian species in Africa runs what some scientists are likening to a protection racket.Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2010View Source
* "Gangster" bird found to charge for protection:
An avian species in Africa runs what some scientists
are likening to a protection racket.
* Report of ancient meat-fest by human
Some researchers are skeptical of a study finding
that ancestral humans butchered animals over three
million years ago.
* Giant "bubbles" lurk at heart of Milky Way:
Astronomers are trying to understand a huge,
mysterious structure newly identified in our galaxy.
* "Johnny has two daddies" may have been
common in Amazon cultures:
Widespread promiscuity was tied to some surprising
ideas about paternity in many ancient societies,
* Depressing reverie fills almost half our
waking lives: study:
It may be best to try to live in the moment -- just
as some religions advise, psychologists say.
* Microbes attack each other with "poison-
* U.S. scientists more likely to publish
* Bilingualism may delay Alzheimer's:
* Bars may kill spiral galaxies:
* Looking older than your age may not
mean bad health:
* Goose eggs may help save warmth-
battered polar bear:
* Moving 3D images may be inching
toward real-life use:
* Galaxies detected by "shadows":
* Friendships seen as key to success for
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)